fort lauderdale, Florida
Freelance | Job ID #69009 | Posted 5 months ago
Business Title: Contractor Project Manager
Division/Business Unit: Technology Operations
Reports To: Luis Ramirez
Work Location: AutoNation Headquarters
The Infrastructure Associate Project Manager will be responsible for managing multiple simultaneous small and mid-size store infrastructure integration projects. This role will work as needed with business and technology teams to facilitate requirements assessment, solution design, and deployment across the enterprise.
Additionally, this position will involve managing mid-size and large-size projects to track the installation and upgrades of hardware and software components at all stores and headquarters. This will involve heavy coordination with Project Managers in other portfolios to ensure streamlined and fast project delivery.
The optimal candidate will have good project management and execution abilities. This person should also understand, evaluate, and document business processes as it relates to technology implementations.
The ideal candidate is organized, possesses good communication skills and good project management skills with attention to detail. This candidate should be nimble in learning new systems and processes, while following our project management framework. An ability to multitask and prioritize several initiatives at once is a must. Critical thinking skills and problem solving as challenges arise is imperative to this candidate’s success. Auto Dealership business operations knowledge is a plus.
This position reports to the Director of Portfolio Management, Technology Operations.
Proven, demonstrable retail and construction technology solution implementations experience is a plus.
- Interaction with all levels within AutoNation
- Interaction across internal business units, external vendors, stakeholders, and subject matter experts
- Work with Business partners, IT & vendors on solutioning and implementation of store business technology initiatives.
- Work with business leaders and stores to understand solution requirements and store business processes.
- Manage projects through full lifecycle including estimation, resource allocations, schedules, status and financial reporting, and reconciliations using the current Project Management Framework
- Adhere to established Change Management policies and procedures
- Comply with all internal and external audit requests
- Build project plans & allocate time to project resources as needed in PPM Pro and other tools
- Manage and maintain repository of Project related documents in PPM Pro and MS Teams
- Facilitate project status calls as needed to keep stakeholders informed
- Assist in designing and implementing tools & templates as needed
- Help mentor and cross train other team members
- Ensure completion of maintenance and enhancement work as needed for various systems
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with the Company’s Vision, Mission, and Values in all interactions with customers, co-workers, management, and suppliers
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures, and safety standards
- 1-5 + years Project Management experience
- Applied understanding of infrastructure technologies
- Good verbal and written communication & presentation skills
- Ability to interact with associates at all levels of the organization and build strong relationships
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multitask and work on multiple projects
- Knowledge of Project Management Software (PPM Pro, MS Project, Clarity, etc.)
- Knowledge of MS applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Teams)
- Detail Oriented
- Fast learner
- Strong Customer Service skills
- Must meet company’s requirements for employment.
- Valid in-state driver’s license and have and maintain an acceptable, safe driving record
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, or Information Technology
- Preferred: PMP certification desirable but not required
Next Possible Position: Project Manager
- Occasional long hours and work on weekends and evenings as needed
- Occasional travel required
SHARE THIS JOB
Turn on email alerts for this search